Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BGC For Salary Of An Ex-Employee

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I am an HR in a captive IT company having total workforce of 1800 in India . Recently I have got an email from a third party background verification agency for an ex-employee asking for the following details-
    1.Designation while joining and last designation
    2.Tenure 3.Compensation at joining(1st 3months) and last paid salary(last 3 months)

The 3rd party has attached joining, relieving and salary slips plus last received hike letter for the employment in my current organization

I clarified with a lead HR and they have asked me to provide the details about the first 2 points. However he categorically stated that we shall not verify anything regarding the 3rd point. though we are having all the compensation related information for an employee then why are we not supposed to disclose?

I asked the same question to my lead HR and he reverted that this same practice is being followed everywhere including big indian MNCs like Cognizant,Infosys,TCS etc. Hence I would like to ask seniors over here that why this practice is followed in all these companies. Is there any law which prevents us from disclosing the employee compensation details.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 1 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 129 at 09:14 AM on 09-20-2021.

Working...
X